In Episode 13 we discuss the work of Data-Driven Detroit (also known as D3) with Erica Raleigh, their Director. D3 is home to a comprehensive data system that includes current and historic demographic, socioeconomic, educational, environmental, and other indicators, allowing analysts to illustrate complex relationships by combining different datasets to reveal the true stories of our regions, cities and blocks. D3 is working to give access to all the people of Detroit (and Michigan more broadly) to data that helps them understand and make decisions about their lives and the life of their communities. You can find out more about them on their website, datadrivendetroit.org.
- Why Don’t We Own This?
- Motorcity Mapping Project
- National Neighborhood Data Partnership
- Data Driven Detroit Open Data Site
Latest posts by Alex Fink (see all)
- Season #1 – Summer Break! - June 9, 2015
- Episode #24 – Open Ecology and Conservation with Shah Selbe - April 2, 2015
- Sensor Calibration and Certification with Puneet Kishor - April 2, 2015