The OK Cast Episode #6 is live! In this episode, we discuss the work of the Global Integrity with Nathaniel Heller. You can reach Nathaniel on Twitter @integrilicious. Global Integrity finds “intelligent, talented, and enthusiastic people on the ground” and gives them innovative tools that help them transform government and make it more accountable. Their goal is to catalyze conversations between governments and international advocacy groups using their global network of grassroots activists. They’ve had political successes around the globe, including Liberia, Argentina, and Guatemala. You can find out more about him and Global Integrity on their website at globalintegrity.org and @GlobalIntegrity on Twitter.
You might also want to check out this great intro video: What Global Integrity Does.
- Global Integrity Downloads & Reports
- Open Budget Survey
- Research Data Alliance – Research data sharing
- Center for Public Integrity
- Indaba – Software features
- Indaba.io – New Indaba site
- Global Integrity / Indaba Datasets API – Put this to use developers!
Editor & Host at The OKCast
In addition to hosting the OKCast, I am a Ph.D. student in Youth Studies at the University of Minnesota. I study methods of making research to document injustice and resistance available to young people to create social change. My particular focus is on the political economy and ecology of data, including data collection, data use, data access/sharing, data economics, and the ideologies surrounding it.
Latest posts by Alex Fink (see all)
- Season #1 – Summer Break! - June 9, 2015
- Episode #24 – Open Ecology and Conservation with Shah Selbe - April 2, 2015
- Sensor Calibration and Certification with Puneet Kishor - April 2, 2015